Slip and Fall Injuries – Action Legal Group
Slip and Fall Injuries – Action Legal Group
As a person who visits a public space, a patron of a retail establishment, or a guest at a private home, it is not unusual to expect that the owner of the property will maintain the location in a relatively secure condition and free from potential danger. The unfortunate truth is that accidents do occur, and many times, only because the owner of the owner of the property failed to make sure the premises are secure and safe.
The CDC estimates that more than one million Americans are injured in a “slip, trip or fall” accident, and sadly, in excess of 17,000 people die in the United States each year due to these injuries. The victims of slip and fall accidents often suffer moderate to severe injuries, and, according to information made available by the National Safety Council, are the number one cause for ER visits.
If you, or a family member, suffered an injury in a slip and fall or a slip and trip accident, you may be eligible for compensation for the injuries that were incurred, as well as for pain and suffering. The slip and fall attorneys at Action Legal Group understand the complex issues facing slip and fall victims and their families after an accident, and have the require experience to handle these types of legal claims. If you, or someone you love have been injured in a slip-and-trip or a slip-and-fall accident, please contact the personal injury attorneys at Action Legal Group for a consultation.
Factors Contributing to a Slip and Fall Accident
A slip and fall accident can occur for any number of reasons, and, most slip and trip situations, are due to the negligence of the property owner. The typical factors contributing to slip-and-fall accidents include:
- Wet flooring, sidewalks or parking lots
- Tile or hardwood flooring that is uneven or broken
- Torn or loose floor coverings such as carpeting, rugs or mats
- Uneven/cracked or icy sidewalks or parking lots
- Unmarked raised sidewalks or parking lots
- Electrical cords or electrical lines obstructing walking paths
- Debris blocking or placed on paths and sidewalks
- Merchandise or over-stock that is improperly stacked
- Poor lighting or pathway lighting
- Poorly maintained stairs, escalators or elevators
- No handrails on stairs or steps
- Missing signs warning of dangerous or hazardous conditions
- Failure to abide by federal, state or local safety requirements
A slip-and-fall or slip-and-trip accident can occur anywhere, such as a place of employment, retail locations, an office building, an entertainment venue, or even a friend or family member’s home.
Injuries Expected In a Slip and Fall Accident
The above list illustrates that a slip-and-trip accident can occur for almost any reason, and the physical injuries sustained in these types of accidents can be similarly varied:
- Muscle sprains
- Torn ligaments
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Cosmetic disfigurement
- Dental injuries
In the event of an injury due to a slip and fall accident, it is vital you take the following steps to protect the person injured and to preserve his or her legal rights:
- Seek medical help
- Request all injury medical records
- Take photos and videos of your injuries
- Document evidence related to the accident
- Get the contact information of anyone who may have witnessed the accident
- Seek legal advice before you speak with an insurance company.
Compensation for Slip-and-Fall Injuries
No matter the circumstances surrounding the accident, or the severity of the injuries sustained, you should contact a personal injury attorney who specializes in slip and fall accidents so that you may be compensated fully and expediently. The personal injury attorneys at Action Legal Group have seen most types of slip-and-trip accidents and the resulting devastating injuries. The types of compensation we will diligently fight for may include:
- Payment for medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Cosmetic surgical correction
- Loss of income during recovery
- Pain and suffering.
Action Legal Group Can Help You
If you, or a family member, have been hurt die to a slip-and-fall accident, please contact Action Legal Group today for a confidential, no-obligation consultation. We will review your accident in detail, and then advise you about your legal options.
Call Action Legal Group today.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.